- Using the form below, specify the information you want to attain and any other information requested by the form.
- The form requesting the information shall be emailed, mailed by regular mail, or delivered to the Municipal Clerk.
- The Municipal Clerk shall date stamp the request and put the date the information was received on the front page of the request. The due date for verification of the request is 10 business days from the date requested, 20 business days if over 24 months old.
- Once the request is verified, the City will determine an estimate as to the cost to research and copy the requested information. Requesters must submit a deposit equal to 25% of the estimate. For a complete list of costs, please see Page 2 of the request form, below.
- The following records of the City must be made available for public inspection and copying during City hours of operations when the requestor appears in person without the requestor being required to make a written request to inspect or copy the records: (a) minutes of the public body for the preceding six months (available on the website) (b) all reports identified in SC Code 30-4-50 (A) (8) for at least the 14 day period before the current day; and (c) documents identifying persons confined in any jail, detention center, or prison for the preceding three months.
A request under Freedom of Information will first be sent to the City Attorney for verification and before final completion to ensure it is in compliance with all aspects of the Freedom of Information Act.
S.C. law provides that it is a crime to knowingly obtain or use personal information from a public body for commercial solicitation.
Please click here to be directed to the South Carolina Code on FOIA.
Please complete the City of Folly Beach FOIA Request Form or fill out the form below.
City of Folly Beach, South Carolina
- Document Searches/Staff Time
Email and document searches by keyword or topic, document collection, and redactions will incur charges for staff time at employee or contractor’s hourly rate of $15 hr. Any document that contains personal information (social security, tax information, etc.) must be redacted.
- Documents & Copies
Any document that must be redacted must be counted as a hard copy, regardless of final delivery format. Specific/Identified readily available items will be produced by email at no charge.
- Financial Statements
- City Code
- Minutes, Ordinances, Resolutions, Building Plans
(All are also available on our website)
- Thumb drives $5.00
- Copies $.25/page
- Criminal Record Check/Accident Report/Incident Report $5.00
11 X 17 or Larger Printed in B/W on Printer $ .50
8 X 14 or Smaller Printed in Color on Printer $5.00