Mayor & Administrator
- Work Anniversary: Chuck Chesser, thank you 2 years of service! 5/11/15
- Thank you for your support of the beach/dune stabilization project. Both OCRM and State funding applications are being submitted today
- Spencer attended Charleston area long-term planning session last Friday at the COG. Also attended Monday’s COG meeting about groundwater permit approval plan
- Nearshore Borrow Area: beginning full political pressure on Fish & Wildlife granting CBRA exemption to take sand from Stono & Folly River.
- Agenda and Boards & Commission applications have been largest project for Colleen and myself this week and last
Department of Public Safety
- Multiple supervisors at a FEMA training class for managing events/incidents
- Class A uniform – Final Fitting 11th and 12th
- Law Enforcement Memorial Service 5/10 in N. Chas.
- Schedule changes to support/admin staff to include extra officers on weekends. Includes Chas Co augmentation when possible
- Officers taking zero tolerance approach to beach violations.
- Work continuing on rear equipment shed
Note: Andrew will be off Friday due to working this weekend.
– FY18 Budget Ordinances advertised last week and on monthly meeting agenda for May & June.
– Engraved bricks to be installed soon. Work should be complete within the next 2 weeks weather permitting.
– Hurricane Matthew FEMA reimbursement still going through approvals.
– Updated Chapter 36 Finance Ordinance to be presented to Council for second reading and adoption at May meeting.
– UAB met last week and approved FY18 Utility budget drafts submitted to Council for first reading in May.
– Research of area municipal external auditors complete. Information to be submitted to Council.
– Upcoming out of office dates: Week of May 22 thru 26 – GFOA Conference
– Initial research of modern financial software started. Current software is 2003 version and no longer upgraded, but is still supported by vendor.
– May financial close begun.
Four conditional offers were sent out to applicants for the part time fire positions.
One conditional offer was sent to an applicant for the full time dispatch position. This vacancy has resulted in an abundance of overtime so this will help with the salary budget.
Don’t forget the Summer kick-off cook out is May 19th. City Hall will be closing at 4:00 pm that Friday. Some members of the Sunshine Committee will be going to Costco that morning to shop for the food and supplies.
Monday, May 29th, is Memorial Day and a holiday. Enjoy the three day weekend.
Public Works, Facilities, Building & Code Enforcement
Notes for Department Update meeting – 9 May 2017
Public Works, streets and sidewalks, beach accesses and ROW’s
-left arrow’s and only marks as approved by SCDOT to be painted this week at numbered streets to arctic intersection on east side, 2nd east to 12th east
-48 PW request completed in 3rd quarter (Jan-Mar) 2016/17 FY in IT developed PW request system
-beach access parking lot clearing operations continue by PW crew continue on east side
-PW crew repainting exterior of washout changing station this week (light duty personnel with helper as needed).
-210 West arctic stair replacement completed
-Storm Water and Flood Plain Management
-Storm water partners meeting next week with Chas County and SCDOT on various sites at Folly
-Code Enforcement, Building, and Facilities.
-Eric at Building Officials Association of South Carolina conference this week for cont. ed.
-106 code compliance inspections completed in April by Building Department
-Pavilion Watch, closing in on completion, hopefully complete this week.
-Life is good at Folly Beach