Friends and Visitors,
I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and welcome you to our island home. Folly Beach is a unique and special place and I hope your time here is a safe and memorable one. I am blessed to have been trusted with leading a diverse and talented group of folks tasked with ensuring all facets of the safety and security in this beautiful city. I have been a proud member of the department since 2012 and have served in capacities from Patrol Sergeant, Administrative Sergeant, Assistant Chief, and now Director of Public Safety. During my free time, I love doing most anything outdoors, especially shooting sports, golfing, and fishing.
Now that you know a little about me, let’s delve into the direction and priorities of your department of public safety. The department has a staff that is smart, diverse, experienced, and dedicated to improving your level of service. Some of the qualities that we pride ourselves on are as follows:
- Serving the citizens and visitors of Folly Beach with fairness and integrity.
- Maintaining a high level of community policing and officer approachability.
- Achieving South Carolina professional department accreditation.
- Maintaining our positive working relationships with surrounding agencies.
- Common sense policing. Doing the right thing, at the right time, for the right reason.
We at Folly Beach DPS are always mindful of our continued ability to improve; I welcome any and all feedback both positive and negative. This feedback helps guide our department in its mission to become the kind of agency that this city wants and deserves.
“An organizations’ success is a direct result of the combined efforts of each individual” – Vince Lombardi
Chief Andrew Gilreath