Bills and Accounts
Paying your water and sewer bill online just got easier! Visit the link below for our new payment portal.
Once you register, you can
View and pay your water bill
Set up autopay
Avoid convenience fee by paying with a check
Water bills are calculated based on the amount of water you consume. You can pay your water bill online using credit, debit, check, or bank draft by visiting the link above, or water bill may be paid by cash or check made out to the City of Folly Beach and mailed to PO Box 48, Folly Beach, SC 29439. If you have questions about bill or believe there has been an error, please contact Katharine Eich at (843) 513-1831. You may also apply for a water account adjustment at City Hall and it will be reviewed by our Finance Department.
To transfer a water or sewer account to a new owner, please come down to City Hall at 21 Center Street to fill out an Water Transfer Application for water service. There is a $50 fee for the transfer.
A septic tank inspection is required prior to the sale of the house unless the tank has been built or inspected within the past five years.
Provide potable drinking water:
- Operate and maintain the water distribution system:
- Install, monitor, and repair hydrants, pumps, mains, meters, and valves
- Operate storage tanks to ensure pressure, flow and water quality
Provide water for fire protection:
- Install and maintain fire hydrants
Provide sanitary sewer service:
- Operate and maintain sanitary sewer collection system:
- Install, monitor, and repair force mains, gravity mains, and pump stations.
- Service Connections & Cleanouts
- Enforce, local, state and federal pollution control regulations
- Investigate sewer back-up complaints
- Oversee installation of sewer extensions to serve new customers
Enforce septic inspection and backflow prevention regulations:
- Track required periodic septic inspections and backflow prevention tests
Fees and Water Transfers:
Water and sewer tap fees and impact fees vary based on the size and type of the service. Contact City Hall to inquire about specific charges, Commercial is generally $50/ERU, not to exceed $500.
- The connection fee is charged for new services installed by the City.
- The impact fees are charged for all new services and are based on the cost for the City to provide additional capacity in the water and sewer system.
- An extension fee will be charged when a water or sewer main must be extended to supply a property.
- The water rate is based on an increasing rate structure.
- The sewer rate is based on Equivalent Residential Units (ERU)
- To establish new service or transfer existing service, fill out the Water Service Form and return it to City Hall with the indicated payment.
Rate Increase will be effective on the February 2016 billing cycle
WATER RATES Existing 2016 Increase
Minimum Service Charge: $64.75 $64.75
Up to 36,000 (per 1,000 gallons) $3.90 $4.01
36,001 – 72,000 (per 1,000 gallons) $4.05 $4.16
72,001 – 150,000 (per 1,000 gallons) $4.20 $4.31
Over 150,000 (per 1,000 gallons) $4.65 $4.76
Monthly Service Charge: $21.58 $21.58
Up to 12,000 (per 1,000 gallons) $3.90 $4.01
12,001 – 24,000 (per 1,000 gallons) $4.05 $4.16
24,001 – 50,000 (per 1,000 gallons) $4.20 $4.31
Over 50,000 (per 1,000 gallons) $4.65 $4.76
The water rate increase combines an approved annual increase (R53-13, Oct ’13) and an increase imposed by Charleston Water System
WASTEWATER RATES Existing 2017
Monthly Service Charge per ERU $27.18 $27.18
Volume Charge per 1,000 gallons $5.17 $5.17
For additional information please see the City of Folly Beach City Code online at http://www.amlegal.com/follybeach_sc/.