The City of Folly Beach is excited to launch our new website. A special thanks is extended to all of those involved with this project. We’re looking forward to working together with City Officials, Council Members and the Residents of Folly Beach to keep everyone up-to-date with Government News and Folly Beach Events.
Please feel free to let us know what you like or would like to see changed.
THE CITY OF FOLLY BEACH is a barrier island, six miles long and the closest beach to historical Charleston, South Carolina, 15 minutes via the Connector. Folly Beach is the home of sea, sand, and surfing, historical and cultural sites; a maritime forest; Morris Island Lighthouse; gourmet food, endangered species of birds; and southern hospitality. Folly Beach is a “must see – must visit” place.
This web site was developed to increase and improve lines of communication between city government and its citizens. The City of Folly Beach has attempted to address communication needs in various ways, two of the newest being our AM Radio Station, 1610 on your radio dial and our new web site. Through this site you will be able to stay in close touch with city government. Below are various types of information which you will find as you navigate our web site. You will find the following under the below named navigational buttons:
Information on our community’s non-profit organizations, historical information, maps, and area information.
- City Council members and dates of council meetings
- Board and Commission members and dates of their respective meetings
- Information on Municipal Elections City Holidays
- Information on Property Taxes
- City Departments and Staff
News & Info
- Minutes of Council Meetings
- Minutes of Board and Commission Meetings
- Agendas for Council, Board and Commission Meetings
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Link to Code of Ordinances
- Links to various businesses associated with tourism
- Official Folly Beach Tourism Website
Names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses for the following: