- The City continues to move forward with the Corps for future renourishment planning. This week we sent both our letter of financial commitment and endorsement of final plan recommendation for renourishment sent to Corps.
- Our Local Beach Management Plan has been reviewed by the state and their is only one outstanding appendix update. The plan should be ready for Council in August.
- Dr. Richard Beck made a generous donation of paintings, posters, and prints for City Hall display.
- Folly Family Fun Night June 22 – July 27, 5 -7 pm. Come by!
- Folly Beach Wahine Classic on Saturday & Sunday, July 31 – August 1
- Lowcountry Orphan Relief beach day on Saturday, August 21
- Surfers Healing Folly 2021 is scheduled for Wednesday, August 25
- Mermaids & Mateys event on Saturday & Sunday, September 25 & 26
- Lung Force Run/Walk at FBCP on Saturday, October 30, 2021
- Save the Light on Saturday, February 5, 2022
- Second reading of FY22 budgets at Council meeting June 22nd
- Utilities late fees will resume for the billing period beginning July 1st
- We have 5 good candidates to interview next week for the Municipal Clerk position. We received a total of 45 resumes on Indeed.
- Analysis continues for Short Term Rental committee. Committee notes are now online with other City minutes.
- Our CRS Cycle visit is coming up in September. This visit determines what discounts on flood insurance that residents receive.
- July 4th upstaffing schedule is finalizing and staff is preparing for the holiday.
- Successfully recertified this year as a SC Building Official/Code Enforcement Officer after completing all required continuing education and training (2 year cycle).
- DPW exploring first steps for Center Street drainage improvement with SCDOT.
- The dog washing station at the Dog Park will be installed by the end of next week. It will be located on the E Hudson side of the park