To view our accomplishments in 2020, click here to watch a short video.
Week of April 7 – April 14 2021
To vist our City Facebook page here for more information.
- The City is grateful for increased communication and interaction between FAB officers and staff for planning and public notice.
- This Year at City Hall 2020 is live, use the link above to view our accomplishments!
- The City’s joint lawsuit to force online booking companies to pay local fees has been filed: https://www.postandcourier.com/news/sc-cities-sue-airbnb-and-other-short-term-rental-companies-for-not-paying-local-taxes/article_f44f0f60-9bb9-11eb-a4b5-636eb8976c0f.html
- Hydroseeding at FRP and the Community Center is complete. FRP will officially open to the public soon.
- Pirates Cove court management app is now live. Go to Court Reserve to book some time on the courts!
- Welcome new FB Parks & Recreation Board members David Parler and Michael Horton.
- Save the Date: Folly Family Fun Night on Tuesdays, June 22 – July 27. More info coming soon!
- Please follow the City Calendar for April, May, and June meeting dates regarding the FY22 Budget.
- Congratulations to newly appointed Chief Judge Chris Skipper and Associate Judge Carolyn Blue. Thank you to Associate Judge Kate Schmutz for your service.
- Transition to new City Hall is ongoing including appointments with Staff to make individual plans.
- Planning Commission will be discussing Needs and Goals for the 5 Year Update on May 3. If you have any ideas or want to discuss the future planning efforts of Folly, do not hesitate to contact Katie Faith at email@example.com
- The rezoning request for Bert’s market was not approved.
- Although we continue to anticipate a busy season, traffic has returned to more normal levels after the spring break and Easter periods.
- PW Crews have started extra collection of Center Street on Saturday mornings and extra collection of Center Street and all public beach accesses on Sunday mornings due to high volume this year, earlier than normal.
- Crews are ramping up for peak season landscaping demand and conducting preventative maintenance on all equipment.
- The new swings at River Park will ready for use on Friday