RECREATIONAL ACTIVITY RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
To enter the park, a copy of this waiver must be completed and signed for every patron. Before signing, however, please read the waiver in full and be certain that you understand the implications of signing.
Express Assumption of Risk Associated with Recreational Activities:
I, , hereby affirm and acknowledge that I fully understand the hazards and risks associated with the many outdoor
and other recreational activities in which I am about to engage at Folly Beach County Park. The inherent risks and hazards include but are not limited to:
- Injuries sustained from any and all outdoor activities, such as running, jumping, walking,
- Injuries sustained from objects that are either natural or man-made, such as rocks, campfires, or from misjudging trails or other terrain that induces slipping, falling, colliding or
- Injuries and illnesses sustained from swimming, impacting the water, and/or water entering bodily
- Injuries from hypothermia, heat stroke, dehydration, from exposure to the elements, such as rain, cold, excessive heat or the weather in general.
- Physical and monetary injuries sustained due to my own personal negligence and/or the negligence of others, crowds, and the
- Injuries or illnesses sustained from either plants or animals, aggressive or biting pets, service animals, wildlife, or exposure to any plants or animals present within the park in
I understand that the description of these risks is in no way complete and that all such dangers, both anticipated and unanticipated, can lead to illness, injury, permanent disability, drowning and death.
Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims and Indemnity Agreement:
In making it possible to participate in many of the above-described activities and more, I both agree and acknowledge that:
- I hereby release and hold harmless with respect to any and all illness, injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property—whether caused by negligence or otherwise—the following named persons or entities, herein referred to as Releasees: Charleston County Parks and Recreation Commission (CCPRC), City of Folly Beach, Folly Beach Civic
- I hereby release the Releasees, their officers, directors, managers, employees, representatives, agents, volunteers, and other vessels from any and all liability and responsibility and for any claims that I, my estate, heirs, survivors, executors, or assigns may have for personal injury, property damage, or wrongful death arising from the above activities whether caused by active or passive negligence of the Releasees or otherwise. By executing this document, I agree to hold the Releasees harmless and indemnify them in conjunction with regard to any illness, injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to my own personal property that can ensue from engagement in the full body of activities as stated above and
- By entering into this agreement, I am not relying on any oral or written representation or statements made by the Releasees other than that set forth in this agreement.
- I hereby grant the Folly Beach Civic Club and City of Folly Beach permission to use my likeness in a photograph, video, or other digital media (“photo”) in any and all of its publications, including web-based publications, without payment or other
This release shall be binding to the fullest extent permitted by law. If any provision of this release is found to be unenforceable, the remaining terms shall still be enforceable.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, AND NOT ONLY DO I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS BUT I UNDERSTAND THAT I HEREBY RELEASE ALL LIABILITY AND THEREIN RELINQUISH LEGAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT. I ALSO SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY UNDER MY OWN FREE WILL WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, COERCION OR OTHERWISE.