The City’s paid parking areas: beach parking lots, the Washout, and portions of Arctic Avenue are managed by Palmetto Parking.
2018 Decals are Here! Below is information on how to obtain your residential decal for 2018.
- Palmetto Parking February Office Hours: Wednesdays from 11-3; someone will be available to verify paperwork and provide your decal during these hours (1st Floor, City Hall, all the way down the hall).
- Or, you can have your permits mailed to you or made available for pickup by filling out the Parking-Decal-Form-2018. Email the form, a photo or scan of your driver’s license, and a photo or scan of another proof of residency (utility bill, etc) to email@example.com. If you do not have a Folly address on your driver’s license, please email two residency proofs. Your decals will be mailed to you within a week or Palmetto Parking will contact you if there are any questions regarding your application.
- Or, if you prefer, you can fill out the form and submit residency proof at City Hall Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm or Public Safety’s Dispatch window after hours instead.
If you have a question not answered below, please contact Palmetto Parking directly at 843-259-7127.
- Can I have decals for my cars and golf carts? If you have a golf cart, it must be registered with Folly Beach Public Safety (proof of SC registration, driver’s license, and insurance) and the golf cart decal will count as one parking decal. You are then entitled to one additional vehicle decal. If you do not have a golf cart at your residence, you are entitled to two vehicle decals.
- What do I need as proof of residency? You are required to show 2 of the following: driver’s license, voter’s registration, lease, or letter from owner certifying a long-term rental agreement, or a utility or tax bill showing your name and the address. You can find the form here: Parking-Decal-Form-2018.
- Where does it go on my car? Decals should be placed on the lower left corner of the windshield.
- May I give my decal to a friend or family member? You may not sell or give away your residential decal to anyone else. Palmetto does track decal numbers to the vehicle registered and you will lose your decal privileges if you are found to have fraudulently sold or given out your decal.
- What if I only live at Folly part-time? “A part-time resident who owns a residential unit that is never rented is entitled to one residential parking decal. In no case shall more than one parking decal be issued for a part-time resident’s residential unit. Proof of ownership and a sworn statement by the owner of the unit that the unit is never rented shall be provided.”
See Folly Ordinance 72.20 for full rules.