Please be advised that pandemic rules and regulations will be strictly enforced for these Folly Beach fun-filled community festivities!
Below are details about the House Decoration Competition, The Witches Dance, and the Costume Contest. To register, select HERE!
House Decoration Competition
- Begin decorating your spooky, colorful, wacky, creative, and ghostly houses and property for daytime viewing and judging throughout the week before.
- All participants will need to register on the Home Page of the City website. Applications open on October 6th and the deadline for submissions is October 20th.
- On October 29th the judges will be traveling the neighborhoods during the day to select the winners!
The Witches Dance
- The County Park is the location of the witches dance on the beach the morning (11:00 a.m.) of the 30th.
- Please begin registering on the Home Page of the City website on October 6th and registration will close on October 20th so that we may anticipate and plan for the event.
- Upon registration, the music and dance will be emailed within 24 hours.
- The dance will take place on the beach in front of the Dunes House. There will be ample parking at the park.
- The witches will be distanced, masked, and costumed. Additionally, they will have their brooms, and be ready to dance around the smoking caldron complemented by last year’s carnival music and dance steps!
- Witches may be accompanied by a guest that will enjoy the viewing and celebrate the witchery, revelry, and festivities.
- Registration for the Costume Contest will be open on October 6th and close on October 20th.
- Participants will register on the Home Page of the City website.
- Upon registration, an appointment request will be emailed within 24 hours.
- The Costume Contest will begin at 1:00pm on October 30th at the Community Center. West Indian Street will be closed near the Center to provide sufficient space and distance.
- We will need to organize the sequence of the participants by selected scheduled times. Please be on time and prepared to be judged. As a result of the pandemic and regulations if you have not signed up prior to this event, you may not participate.
- The categories for the contest are:
Infant to 4 years
5 to 8 years
9 to 12 years
- During the contest, trick or treat bags will be distributed to all participants.
- Please be advised that no gathering may occur, therefore, we will need to be efficient with the judging, distributing of the bags, and designating of the awards.
- All award winners for the House/Property Competition and the Costume Contest will be notified and posted on the Home Page of the City website.
As always volunteers will be essential and truly needed for all these events. Please consider volunteering and participating in all these celebrations and activities. Donations of funding and candy for the treat bags are always welcome.
This is another year of a pandemic style program offering a diversity of options for significant intergenerational community engagement and celebration. We appreciate the extensive and comprehensive commitment of the City and the assistance of the County Park system to work with and support the efforts of the Civic Club. This partnership and collaboration will allow us to create and execute another amazing, safe, and celebrative Halloween program!!!